Avocado Pizza Egg Muffins
So I had another "creative in the kitchen" moment that turned out to delicious not to share!
Say hello to my special Avocado Pizza Egg Muffins!
By now its no secret that I LOVE avocados! The creaminess they add eliminates my need for condiments like mayo and in this case the need for cheese.
Since we are still on the Whole 30 I used a few special ingredients to help this line up to the rules as much as possible...I think I did pretty good:)
I kept the ingredients pretty simple and clean. I used
- organic grape tomato
- one avocado diced
- organic nitrate free ham
- pork pepperoni that was antibiotic and gluten casein free
- 12 organic eggs (not in the picture)
- a dash of sea salt and pepper
For those of you who are like me and were a little afraid of what the meat would taste like I can reassure you that they both taste GREAT and together this combo created the perfect healthy breakfast!
So here's how you make these amazing Avocado Pizza Egg Muffins...man that's a mouth full:)
1. Spray olive oil or coconut oil generously on your muffin pan so they won't stick.
2. Put desired amount of diced avocado, tomato, ham and pepperoni in each circle but remember to leave room for the eggs "aka" don't be greedy. :)
3. Scramble 12 eggs in a large bowl with a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Pour the eggs into each muffin cup until it is about half way full. You don't want to fill the cups to the top or they might pour out as the eggs start to rise.
5. Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until golden on top. I stuck a fork in mine just to check.
Let them cool for a minute or two and then use a spoon to go gently around the outer edge of each muffin then use the spoon to scoop them out.
For a convenient healthy breakfast, make enough to store in the refrigerator for a few days or freeze for longer use. They microwave nicely and the avocado actually last well since its been cooked.
Best part...even the kids loved them! We have already made these again and I have a feeling they will become a staple in the Medina house! :)